Sunday 3 June 2007

Day 3 - 97

Didn't get time to post yesterday after making decision that after drop in with LLC (which actually gave great result of 6lbs lost) to go for a nice long bike ride in the countryside, all the plans changed when my daughter phoned to ask if we would like some cheap concert tickets. The Who were playing in concert at The Rose Bowl (Hampshire Cricket Ground) which is about 2 miles from where we live. So that's what we did!!!

The concert was really good the support acts were good as well, one being the Magic Numbers which are a group I like. It was really great to here all the old Who hits and lots of newer stuff as well. Roger Daltrey just never seems to look any older. The atmosphere was really great, huge range of ranges at 43 I felt quite young, but the oldies certainly new how to enjoy themselves!! We cycled to the Rose Bowl and left our bikes at my daughters friends house which is very close to the venue. The only two things I found difficult being on the LL plan were when we arrived I was very hot from cycling and everybody was drinking cold lager which would have been great to have had and later when I wanted to mix my shake I felt that people were watching me (although they probably weren't). All in all we had a fantastic day, managed to drink about 5 litres of water and not too much coffee and I wasn't really hungry.

Feeling really positive having lost 6lbs in 2 1/2 days I can't help wondering what I might lose by weigh in on Wednesday, I am finding the whole thing quite easy at the moment, long may it continue.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Great to hear from you on my blog Anita - I've caught up (didn't take long ou newbie you) and I'm well impressed how positive you're sounding - the decision to start LL was obviously the right one as you sound so committed and ready for it.

It's weird, but your first post has many of the same elements of mine! The similarities were striking. Makes you realise that we're not alone in this being overweight thing - there's nothing new under the sun and we should all stick together and help each other out.

So, GO girl!! you can do it.

I'm also jealous about your impromptu concert - sounds fab, lager or no lager. And to combine it with a bike ride - a woman after my own heart.

Get that Matt working too! Once he sees how dedicated you are and what great results you're getting I bet he'll be right there helping out. My husband was totally supportive aftr about a week when he realised what a big commitment LL is - since then he's cooked nearly all his own meals and does almost all his shopping. Not bad for an unreconstructed Irishman who's been spoilt rotten by his Mammy!!

Take care and I'll be checking up on you so no cheating!!

Lesley x

. said...

An excellent weight loss Anita - well done ..... that will help you through the next few days as you'll be on cloud 9.

Would love to have been at that concert - I love the Magic Numbers, tried to persuade hubby not to work the other week so we could go watch them in Perth (only a good couple of hundred miles away from home) and hubby is a big Who fan ... am sure it was an excellent night.

Cath
x