Monday 4 June 2007

Day 4 - 96

I don't seem to be able to get into a good routine with this blog, wrote a lot in my journal today trying to get upto date with my thoughts over the last week or so, I could do that lying in the garden and being a bit of a sun worshipper I couldn't miss out on the lovely sunshine to sit at the computer. May be I should treat myself to a laptop then I could do this anywhere. After worrying a bit about how I would cope at the weekends without work to keep me occupied I have found the whole weekend really easy. I haven't been hungry and even struggled to have my fourth pack this evening, just didn't feel I needed it but thought I better as I didn't know how it would effect me tomorrow.

Getting a bit bored with plain water, although I do normally drink quite a lot of water, when it is the only thing you can have it gets a bit tedious. I have been having black coffee and I bought some peppermint tea which I am enjoying but I think I will buy some water flavouring when I go for my weigh in on Wednesday just to ring the changes and maybe make some ice lollies for when it is hot.

With my daughter and her boyfriend staying for the weekend I thought it would be nice to have a family meal this afternoon, now I feel quite proud of myself. I cooked new potatoes, jacket potatoes, chicken portions, prepared a salad with hardboiled eggs and grated cheese and then sat with them and had a raspberry shake! This the first sort of organised meal I have encountered since starting as we don't seem to have all been in at the same time for meals over the last few days and I found it remarkably easy - the difficult bit was clearing away the leftover new potatoes and boiled eggs - in the past I probably would have just popped one in my mouth and not thought anything of it but I am so focused I didn't feel that I needed to.

So I have completed 1/25 of the programme and I hope the next 24/25 are as easy!!!!

1 comment:

. said...

It's a credit to you that you were able to prepare such a lovely meal and then throw away the left overs without touching them - well done on being so strong!

Cath
x