Sunday 17 June 2007

Day 18 - 82

It's been ages since I seem to have been able to get on the computer to update my blog. For some reason it wont let me sign in at work to update mine but will let me leave comments on others, which is the ideal place for me to do it as computer at home is monopolised by my 13 year old daughter in the evenings.

So here goes with catch up.

Any way have been doing really well, started class last tuesday which was very small only 4 people but LLC did say she had 3 more people coming to introduction on saturday so they may start this week. Every one was really nice and really looking forward to getting in to this side of it, the weight loss is going really well I am so pleased. At weigh in I have lost 13lbs, a bit dissappointed it wasn't a whole stone but still very pleased with the results so far.

Hubby and I went out for the day on Sunday to Lulworth Cove in Dorset, we were planning on taking the walk over the cliffs to Durdle Door but it was far to hot. So we laid on the beach for a while then Matt needed food so we sat outside a cafe for an hour or so while he ate and I drank a bottle of sparkling water. Found it surprisingly easy to do as not at all hungry. We then did have a short walk to a viewing point part way up the cliff walk. So much for good intentions!!

Exercise is somewhere that I am struggling a bit - I have a frozen shoulder which is very painful a lot of the time and I'm not really sure other than walking what I could do. I really do need to get moving again as I find my muscles get really tired and heavy when i do anything even slightly strenuous. I don't know if that is a cause of LL or just my lack of exercise since the shoulder started. Used to do yoga once a week and a couple of sessions at the gym before it started.

Yesterday we went to a BBQ which was being held by a friend I used to work with. She finished with LL about a month ago and has done really well, still keeping her weight off even after a trip to go shopping in Florida with her daughter who had also done the programme with her. They both looked absolutely fantastic, infact I nearly didn't recognise her daughter. They both offered a lot of encouragement and were very inpressed with my loss so far. However there was another lady there who has lost about 5 stone with weight watchers over the last couple of years who was very negative about what I was doing and how she knows 'lots of people' who have been really ill doing LL although she couldn't actually tell me how many or what illness they had. Until then I had not heard of anyone who has had any health problems from following the programme and it made me abit angry that she couldn't see the postive effect it has had on at least two people at the event and potentially a third in the making. Apart from my shoulder I haven't felt this good in a long time.

Today my sister is coming round while Matt goes to his Taekwondo lesson and we are going to sort through all the clothes I have stashed away in the loft. Hopefully this will give me things to wear whilst losing weight as I have a load of clothes still with the labels on that I was going to lose half a stone or so to fit in to comfortably and never did. I also hope to get rid of loads of things that are already too big and winter things that I won't need next winter.

There are probably loads of things I've forgotten about over the last ten days but I think that will do and I will try and keep upto date each day.

Bye for now!

3 comments:

. said...

Well done on your loss so far - you're doing really well.

Re the lady who was negative - you're always going to find some people are just like this .... especially concerning something that they're not doing or doing differently. You just keep on going the way you are and stick with what is good for you.

Cath
x

Lesley said...

Keep it up,. You sound like you're doin really well. Having 2 great examples of sucess in front of you must have been veyr uplifting.

Re the WW woman, she's probably just gutted that it probably took her a lot longer and ws a lot harder than it will be for you! Ignore and stick to what feels right for you.

Re exercise, just do what you can but do it! It doesn't matter how little you do, it's the getting out that counts.

Lesley x

Amanda said...

Well done on your weight loss so far and take no notice of the negative comments, you have 2 great role models that can give you words of encouragment/ advice.

Keep up the good work.

Amanda x